Thursday, June 12, 2014

The Long Haul

Soon after my apology for not blogging more often came an accident that prevented me from blogging at all, the crashing of my 3 week old computer. I've had to purchase a new one and now I'm back online. I also have newfound sympathy for my friends who refuse to own PCs.


That aside, the trip to Australia went about as smoothly as 36 hours in transit could. My flight from Santiago to Sydney was delayed for a few hours but the other passengers on the plane were lovely and I spent the extra time in the airport with new friends drinking fresh squeezed raspberry juice from the airport bar. It may have been the best drink I've ever had. (By regular standards, not airport bar standards)


It's been refreshing to hear English again, and my friends keep teasing me to speak in an Australian accent here and see if I can convince anyone that I'm a local. I've been too shy to attempt this yet. My Australian accent is my only party trick, and if I find out it's no good, there will be dreaded ill effects on my self esteem.


I will write more about my interviews and travels here in a later post. I'm wishing everyone a wonderful weekend from down unda!

No comments:

Post a Comment